- He's not trying to sell anything (although he has a new book out, you can really get all the same content from his website)
- His work focuses on prevention or reversal of problems rather than treating symptoms
- In several of his videos, he talks about how people have been fasting for religious (and other) reasons for thousands of years
There are several questions that I want to try to tackle by looking at God's word, and over many posts, I'll work to do just that.
- What does the Bible say about eating? (Most of us will know some verses immediately on this topic, but it's a good place to start.)
- What does the Bible say about being overweight?
- What can we learn about fasting from the examples in the Bible?
- Should we abstain from any specific foods, according to the Bible?
- What about food at celebrations?
- How do we apply what the Bible says to the world we live in now? (eek, I feel TOTALLY unqualified to tackle this one, but I think it's an important question!)
I'm sure other topics will surface as these are explored, and I'd welcome other ideas, too. I'm excited to see where this study leads.